Monday, October 26, 2009

New Short Story Trailer? New Short Story Trailer!

Remember the other day when you were saying how you wish that Seth Fried's short story trailers would somehow involve stop motion animation? Well, your wish is about to come true. My new trailer is my most stop-motioniest to date.

The animation is by no means good, but - like a Mother's Day gift constructed out of dry macaroni and colored paper - I submit to you the notion that it is the thought that counts. Also, I refuse to apologize for my penmanship.

Misery of the Conquistador is forthcoming in StoryQuarterly:



In case you're curious, here are the materials I used to create this trailer:

1.)One drawing of a conquistador
2.)One digital camera
3.)One upside down stool converted into a vertical camera mount
4.)One felt-tip pen
5.)Five sheets of computer paper
6.)One freeware 2-D animator, which magically didn't install a virus onto my computer
7.)One unflappable desire to create a short story trailer for the ages

One more thing, you can check out all my short story trailers on my youtube channel.