Thursday, April 14, 2011

One Story Literary Debutante Ball

I am pleased to announce that on April 29th One Story will be having its 2nd Annual Literary Debutante Ball. I am even pleaseder to announce that (owing to the fact that my debut collection is coming out on May 1st) I will be one of the debutantes.

The benefit committee for the event includes T Cooper, Jamie Lee Curtis, Mark Hage, Amy Hempel, A.M. Homes, Jenny Lawrence, Andrew McCarthy, Dolores Rice, Paul Morris, Leigh Newman, Maud Newton, George Saunders, and Jim & Karen Shepard. It's sure to be a great time, so if you're in the area you should definitely attend. You can buy tickets here. You can also see pictures of some of the booze that will be at the event here and here.

Of course, I'd like to express my extreme gratitude toward One Story for including me in the event. I'm incredibly excited to be featured alongside the amazing writers being recognized. You can check out my debutante interview here.