Friday, November 11, 2011

Flash Fridays: On Light

Do you like short stories? Do you like really short stories? Do you like Tin House? Do you like me? Do you like big, hot, sloppy combinations of all these things smashed together? If you answered no to any or all of these questions, then I have no idea how you got to this blog post. Unless it's because I tagged it with the keywords Justin Bieber, Twilight, Sports, and McGriddle.

If you came to this blog in pursuit of those things, then I apologize for the confusion. Also, I'd like to point out that it's never too late to try new things. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Biebernaut. And my only complaint about McGriddles is that I don't think they've pushed the concept of pancake sandwiches far enough. But if you've never read a piece of flash fiction, I think you're missing out on an experience that, while infinitely different from indulging in The Biebs and some McGrids, is still pretty darn great.

That's why I'm incredibly proud to be contributing to Tin House's Flash Fridays, which highlights a new piece of flash fiction every Friday. You can read my story here. Huge thanks to Tin House, and to you for checking it out.