Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Great Fraudstration


As many of you already know, I have come under fire recently due to some issues regarding The Great Frustration, a book that I published early last year with Counterpoint Press/Soft Skull. This matter has already been written about a great deal, and before things develop further I just wanted to address the situation in my own words.

There has been some speculation that certain passages of my book were fictionalized for dramatic effect. As much as I would like to deny these allegations, the truth of the matter is that I can't. In fact, all of the accounts in The Great Frustration were fabricated. I made up the entire book.

I just want to take this opportunity to express my regret. I have let down my family, my friends, my wives, and my countless, countless fans. But while the book is a work of pure fiction, I would like to point out that there are many kinds of truth. I hope that all the aspects of The Great Frustration that people have enjoyed until now won't be overshadowed by my poor judgement and dishonesty.

Sincerely,
Seth "Hambone" Fried