Thursday, April 11, 2013

READOMMENDATION: Godforsaken Idaho



If you look at how infrequently I use this blog to recommend things that weren't written by me, then you should be able to infer that Godforsaken Idaho is a pretty rare treat of a book.

That said, while I might be okay talking about someone else's short stories, I understand that as devoted "Seth-heads" you might not feel comfortable reading fiction that wasn't written by me. In that case, I encourage you to cross out Shawn Vestal's name on your copy of Godforsaken Idaho and replace it with mine.

Then you can tell your friends that you're reading a fantastic collection by Seth Fried, which is full of vastly entertaining and insightful stories. Anyway, that's what I did with my copy of Vestal's book. So far I'm really pleased with the responses I've been getting.